Thursday, February 9, 2017

Living in America Means Jeans That Don't Fit Anymore


Welcome to America, Yoni!

I was so excited to have those kind of foods everyday before I came to America because I loved them in Korea. Burger and steak everyday? It was like heaven! 

But actually every single food I had was very salty, greasy and sweet. It was not what I expected at all. First 2 months when I FaceTimed my friends in Korea, they were always jealous about having western food everyday. I'm telling you. Not good at all.

I was getting used to American saltiness and sweetness. It was too good to resist, and I was definitely getting addicted.

I also wanted to look American so I started wearing leggings and Nike shorts. And they were all small size (they looked medium or larger to me, though) and so comfy that I didn't really noticed that I was gaining a lot of weight.

And then boom, 22 lbs gained in 5 months!


Literally, none of jeans I brought from Korea fitted. I even ripped one of my favorite jeans while I was trying to squeeze them on. Yay...

Then, I bought a car and got an apartment with kitchen. My only walk was from building to car, car to building. Love drive-thru! I cooked anytime I wanted, even at 3 in the morning. Of course, I gained more weight.

Now I put sugar in my tea and pour salt in everything. I have tried so many times to cut sodium and sugar, but always failed.

This is a friendly reminder for new international students. You are probably aware of how salty and sweet American foods are, and it's real. So you better watch out. Otherwise, no more jeans for you!

XOXO,

Yoni

No comments:

Post a Comment