Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Tips for Getting Ready to Go Home

So... I just booked the flight to Korea for this summer! Yay!


It has been 2 years since the last time I went to Korea. I already have a list of famous restaurants to go, what to wear at the airport and surprise plan for my dad (he thinks I arrive later than May 8th).

Booking a flight ticket is very exciting but stressful at the same time. 

Most international students go to their home countries during summer break because that's the longest break they can be with their family. Since most of students fly out in May, the price goes up ridiculously. Besides, there are so many things to take care of before you leave.

I would like to share my tips!

Before booking flights

  • Check out Studentuniverse.com - This website offer flexible date choice.
  • Use all the booking websites to find the cheapest one.
  • Keep checking the price ahead of time - Patience is the key.
  • Fly between Sunday and Wednesday - I recommend Tuesday!
  • Book the flight around 60 days before you leave.

After booking flights

  • Make sure you got all the paper works done - Get your I-20 signed.
  • Choose your seats ASAP - Personally, this is the most important part. Go to your airline's website and see details of your trip.
  • Make a list of what to pack and what to leave - You can only take limited amount.
  • Take a look at maps of the airports you will go - For the next flight, foods, rest areas and shopping.
  • Souvenirs for family and friends - I usually buy something I can't buy or expensive in my country.

When you fly

  • Get a comfortable outfit - NO FLIP-FLOPS! It's comfy at first, but hurts later.
  • Take lotion with you - It gets very dry on airplane.
  • No make-up needed - You are not a celebrity. Don't worry.
  • Don't forget mileage when you check in.

Since I always sleep on the flight and never go to restroom, I want only window seats so that I can lean on the wall. The very first thing I do after booking flights is choosing my seats on the airline website.

I don't know how many of you are aware of this, but I have never seen anyone doing this yet.

Especially international flights take long time. So your trip depends on where you sit. Also, if you have a friend flying with you, you can easily choose your seats next to each other without calling customer center.

I hope this help your trip!

XOXO,

Yoni

No comments:

Post a Comment